Zeebe is the process automation engine powering Camunda Cloud. While written in Java, you do not need to be a Java developer to use Zeebe.
With Zeebe you can:
- Define processes graphically in BPMN 2.0
- Choose any gRPC-supported programming language to implement your workers
- Build processes that react to events from Apache Kafka and other messaging platforms
- Use as part of a SaaS offering with Camunda Cloud or deploy with Docker and Kubernetes (in the cloud or on-premises) with Camunda Cloud Self-Managed.
- Scale horizontally to handle very high throughput
- Rely on fault tolerance and high availability for your workflows
- Export workflow data for monitoring and analysis (currently only available through the Elasticsearch exporter added in Camunda Cloud Self-Managed)
- Engage with an active community
For documentation on deploying Zeebe as part of Camunda Cloud Self-Managed, please refer to the deployment guide.
Paid support for Zeebe is only offered through Camunda Cloud or Camunda Cloud Self-Managed. Regardless of how you are working with Zeebe and Camunda Cloud, you can always find support through the community.