Zeebe is the process automation engine powering Camunda 8. While written in Java, you do not need to be a Java developer to use Zeebe.
With Zeebe you can:
- Define processes graphically in BPMN 2.0.
- Choose any gRPC-supported programming language to implement your workers.
- Build processes that react to events from Apache Kafka and other messaging platforms.
- Use as part of a software as a service (SaaS) offering with Camunda 8 or deploy with Docker and Kubernetes (in the cloud or on-premise) with Camunda 8 Self-Managed.
- Scale horizontally to handle very high throughput.
- Rely on fault tolerance and high availability for your processes.
- Export processes data for monitoring and analysis (currently only available through the Elasticsearch exporter added in Camunda 8 Self-Managed).
- Engage with an active community.
For documentation on deploying Zeebe as part of Camunda 8 Self-Managed, refer to the deployment guide.
Enterprise support for Zeebe
Paid support for Zeebe is available via either Camunda 8 Starter or Camunda 8 Enterprise plans. Customers can choose either plan based on their process automation requirements. Camunda 8 Enterprise customers also have the option of on-premise or private cloud deployment.
Additionally, regardless of how you are working with Zeebe and Camunda 8, you can always find support through the community.
- Get familiar with technical concepts.