Camunda Platform 8 delivers scalable, on-demand process automation as-a-service. Camunda Platform 8 is combined with powerful execution engines for BPMN processes and DMN decisions, and paired with tools for collaborative modeling, operations, and analytics.
Camunda Platform 8 consists of six components:
- Console - Configure and deploy clusters with Console.
- Web Modeler - Collaborate, model processes, and deploy or start new instances. Note that Camunda Platform 8 can be used with both Desktop Modeler and Web Modeler.
- Zeebe - The cloud-native process engine of Camunda Platform 8.
- Tasklist - Complete tasks which require human input.
- Operate - Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot your processes.
- Optimize - Improve your processes by identifying constraints in your system.
For more conceptual information about Camunda Platform 8, see What is Camunda Platform 8.
Interested in migrating process solutions developed for Camunda Platform 7 to run them on Camunda Platform 8? Visit our guide on migrating from Camunda Platform 7
In this section of the Camunda Platform 8 documentation, you'll find guides to get started with Camunda Platform 8 before learning more about each individual component. Our getting started guides walk you through the following steps:
- Create a Camunda Platform 8 account - Create a Camunda Platform 8 account to create clusters, deploy processes, and create a new instance.
- Model your first process - Design and deploy a process, and share the process with your teammates or other stakeholders to begin collaborating.
- Create a cluster - Create your first cluster to execute processes.
- Orchestrate human tasks - Assign human tasks to users so they can enter the necessary data to drive the business process forward.
- Get started with API endpoints - Configure connector tasks with domain-specific parameters.
- Orchestrate microservices - Orchestrate the microservices necessary to achieve your end-to-end automated business process.
After getting started with Camunda Platform 8, dive deeper in our next steps section of the guides by learning about the following:
- Set up your first development project - Set up your first project to model, deploy, and start a process instance.
- Set up client connection credentials - Create, name, and connect your client.
- Automate a process using BPMN - Learn more about the mechanics and elements of BPMN, and build your first BPMN diagram.
- Implement connectors - Automate complex business processes by inserting them into BPMN diagrams within Web Modeler.
- Create decision tables with DMN - Learn more about Decision Model and Notation to model a set of rules within a table, and yield a decision to rapidly execute a process using a decision engine like Camunda.
- Build forms with Modeler - Design and configure forms and connect them to a user task or start event to implement a task form in your application.
- Improve processes with Optimize - Leverage data collected during process execution to access reports, share process intelligence, analyze bottlenecks, and examine areas in business processes for improvement.
- Message correlation - Target a running workflow with a state update from an external system asynchronously.