Camunda Platform 8 delivers scalable, on-demand process automation as-a-service. Camunda Platform 8 is combined with powerful execution engines for BPMN processes and DMN decisions, and paired with tools for collaborative modeling, operations, and analytics.
Camunda Platform 8 consists of six components:
- Console - Configure and deploy clusters with Console.
- Web Modeler - Collaborate, model processes, and deploy or start new instances. Note that Camunda Platform 8 can be used with both Desktop Modeler and Web Modeler.
- Zeebe - The cloud-native process engine of Camunda Platform 8.
- Tasklist - Complete tasks which require human input.
- Operate - Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot your processes.
- Optimize - Improve your processes by identifying constraints in your system.
Interested in migrating process solutions developed for Camunda Platform 7 to run them on Camunda Platform 8? Visit our guide on migrating from Camunda Platform 7
In this section of the Camunda Platform 8 documentation, you'll find guides to get started with Camunda Platform 8 before learning more about each individual component. Our getting started guides walk you through the following steps:
- Create a Camunda Platform 8 account - Create a Camunda Platform 8 account to create clusters, deploy processes, and create a new instance.
- Model your first process - Design and deploy a process, and share the process with your teammates or other stakeholders to begin collaborating.
- Create a cluster - Create your first cluster to execute processes.
- Orchestrate human tasks - Assign human tasks to users so they can enter the necessary data to drive the business process forward.
- Get started with API endpoints - Configure Connector tasks with domain-specific parameters.
- Orchestrate microservices - Orchestrate the microservices necessary to achieve your end-to-end automated business process.
After getting started with Camunda Platform 8, dive deeper in our next steps section of the guides by learning about the following:
- Set up your first development project - Set up your first project to model, deploy, and start a process instance.
- Set up client connection credentials - Create, name, and connect your client.
- Automate a process using BPMN - Learn more about the mechanics and elements of BPMN, and build your first BPMN diagram.
- Configuring an out-of-the-box Connector - Automate complex business processes by inserting them into BPMN diagrams within Web Modeler.
- Create decision tables with DMN - Learn more about Decision Model and Notation to model a set of rules within a table, and yield a decision to rapidly execute a process using a decision engine like Camunda.
- Build forms with Modeler - Design and configure forms and connect them to a user task or start event to implement a task form in your application.
- Improve processes with Optimize - Leverage data collected during process execution to access reports, share process intelligence, analyze bottlenecks, and examine areas in business processes for improvement.
- Message correlation - Target a running workflow with a state update from an external system asynchronously.