Web Modeler is only available for Camunda Platform 8 SaaS.
Any executable process needs a BPMN diagram designed and configured beforehand.
A BPMN diagram is used to visually outline the structure and flow of a process. As a result, the process can be more easily understood by various stakeholders.
In tandem, different events and implementation details (such as the conditions within a gateway or the specifications of a service task) must be configured in the model so the workflow engine understands what must be executed once the process reaches a certain task.
Camunda offers a few tools to design your diagrams and implement them:
Web Modeler and Desktop Modeler differ mainly in their environment. Web Modeler is part of Cloud Console and offers a seamless integration into Camunda Platform 8 to model BPMN. Desktop Modeler is a desktop application that can be installed and used locally, all while integrating your local development environment.
Interested in editing the underlying XML of BPMN and DMN diagrams directly? Be sure to utilize Desktop Modeler, as it features an XML editor tab. The XML editor comes with its own history (undo or redo), search and replace functionality, and XML syntax highlighting.
In this guide, we'll demonstrate modeling BPMN diagrams using both Web Modeler and Desktop Modeler.
- Modeling BPMN - Learn how to quickly model an automated process using BPMN.
- Camunda Forms - Allows you to easily design and configure forms. Once configured, they can be connected to a user task or start event to implement a task form in your application.
- DMN - In DMN, decisions can be modeled and executed using the same language. Business analysts can model the rules that lead to a decision in easy to read tables, and those tables can be executed directly by a decision engine (like Camunda).
- Out-of-the-box Connectors - Out-of-the-box Connectors provide prebuilt connectivity with a number of outside systems. Connectors are modular by nature, reusable, and accelerate automation across those systems.
- Custom Connectors - Custom Connectors allow you to easily create and build connectivity with the outside systems you choose and want to automate across.