If you have a problem, use the feedback form.
See a few common pitfalls below:
- Your organization is on a Trial Plan and you have already created a cluster. In this case, you cannot create another cluster, because only one cluster is included in the trial plan.
- Your billing reservations do not allow any more clusters. You must increase the reservations if you want to create more clusters. If you do not have the necessary rights, contact an admin or the owner of the organization.
- Check if your API Client has the necessary rights. To interact with Zeebe, the Scope
Zeebemust be set.
- Check if your credentials are configured correctly. There is a CLI tool that allows you to easily check the status:
zbctl. With the command
zbctl status, you can read the topology. If this command works, the connection can be established.
- Check if your cluster is Healthy: A Zeebe cluster may be temporarily unavailable. To check if your cluster is healthy, navigate to the cluster list. Click on the cluster to view its details for a closer view of the status over all products (Zeebe, Operate, Tasklist, Optimize).